Friday, March 7, 2008

Daily Thoughts :)

The pictures below are obviously of Ireland, and i just posted them because I really hope to travel there someday! It is one of my dreams/lifetime goals to be able to go there :) This probably won't happen soon, but I am determined to make it happen in the future!

Anyways, here are some thoughts from Tuesdays devotional here at BYU...it got me thinking about a lot of things, so I just decided to type them up...

*Everyone has their own book of life, and we need not compare ourselves to others.

*Matthew 25: 15- "And unto one he agave five btalents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey."

*Matthew 25:23-"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and afaithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

*As long as we do the best we can with whatever we are given in this life, our talents and such, then it only matters what our effort is, and not just our achievement.

*Good references:
-D& C 130
-3Nephi 14:7-8
-D&C 121: 7-8

*It is neat to think that we are each individually made with specific talents and capabilities that make us special. Also, we were given these talents to help serve others and to help spread His gospel throughout the world. We are on this earth to learn and to prepare ourselves to return to our Heavenly Father someday. The effort that we exhibit in our daily lives is more important than what we achieve in the end. Our effort proves of our dedication and perseverance, and it adds to the person we are striving to become, as well as our character. God has a plan for us and it will take our desire to know Him and His gospel to completely understand why we are here and where we are going.

*Besides these thoughts above, I've been thinking a lot about what I would love to do sometime after I graduate:

* go to Ireland someday!!
* learn how to play the piano
* coach competitive soccer teams
* eventually open my own Recreational Therapy Facility for those that are physically disabled
travel to all the 50 states

*I am still looking to get my Masters in Public Health here at BYU. In the Fall I will be taking the GRE and then I will apply next Winter. It feels like the best thing for me and I pray that I get accepted! We shall see :)

*Life is going great and I am extremely excited for the summer time! It will be great to be home with family and friends, and the warmth of the sun, and the beach :)

No comments: